Monday, February 25, 2013

Alter Ego

I have an alter ego 
I have an alter ego
Doesn't everyone? 
Doesn't everyone? 
She likes to hide and 
She likes to be cheerful and 
Appear to be afraid 
Be a part of the growing world 
BUT 
AND
She's the bravest girl I know 
She's the  bravest girl I know

She has me and I have her 
She has me and I have her
Hand in Hand 
Hand in Hand
Though she'll never show
Though she always shows 
Her pretty face to the rest 
Her pretty face to the rest 
Of the alter ego world 
Of the ever changing world 

When I really need her 
 When I really need her 
She'll don her cape and 
She'll put up her hair and 
High heeled boots and 
Well worn favorite flats and 
Sparkly  uniform and 
Her well known smile
Take charge of my life
Take charge of her life

When I don't need her 
When I don't need her
She'll sit on my shoulder 
She'll be the one in charge
Whispering encouraging 
 Whispering Encouraging 
Thoughts and Ideas 
Like an internal best friend
Reminding me 
Reassuring me
To always be Good 
That we're both good
And Be the absolute best 
And should always be the best  
That I can be 
That we can be
When she's not there 
When I'm not there

No comments:

Post a Comment