Thursday, April 11, 2013

Work Related

So today at work one of the local priests asked me this joke today:

"How do you make God laugh?", he asked.  
"I have no idea, there must be a few different ways... why?" said I. 
"Tell him what you're going to do tomorrow." 

I have a response for him for next time.

"Do you know how to make God smile?" 
"How?"
"Thank him for today." 

Do you want  God to laugh, or smile in your direction right this moment? I would rather have him smile, and believe me when I say that I will do something tomorrow, that it will happen. Sure, some things are set in stone, like appointments and meals, but what about those promises that I said I would do when I was in trouble?
I said that I would do that piece of homework tomorrow... does He believe me? When I was hurting and said that if He took away the pain I would pray every night, did He believe me? If tomorrow, something were to happen and I make another empty promise, will He believe me then as well?
God's love is everlasting. He gives love like He would with charity. Charity is what we give others that we don't believe deserve, but we give it to them anyways.
Do you want to receive Charity from Him, or do you want to receive His love? Do you not want to receive His true love, or do you want to receive love that you don't deserve?
The priest today truly gave me a lesson to learn that I can carry with me for a long time. In one short riddle, I learned more today about my actions than a lecture from a professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment