Monday, February 10, 2014

Fishing

Imagine me as a fisher girl
Out on the lake for the day 
With a pole in my hand 
And my bait in the other
I'm ready to fish all day

Now, the law says you can only catch 
Certain fish on certain days, in certain ponds 
And to watch out for the leeches and mussels 
Oh, and throw back the too small ones
But those are pretty simple rules to follow

So, here I am, in my little canoe 
With my pole in one hand 
And a drink in the other 
I'm ready for a good day of fishing 
Just waiting for the bite 
From the BIG WHOPPER 
That one every fishing girl wants to catch 

Some days I'll get a nibble 
Or I'll catch something that's too small 
Or that fish that doesn't look good 
Or even that I've the law says I can't have
So I'll throw those all back 
And stick around a little longer for that one 
That BIG WHOPPER 
That all the fishing girls want to catch 

Now, think of the pond as my own life 
And my pole as my character 
The hook as my charm 
And the bait as my personality 
But I'm not quite ready to 'fish' yet

For I forgot to explain the laws 
About the different 'fish' that I can't have yet 
And I bet you're wondering who made up those laws 
And quite simply, it's the One who knows more than us 
It's God, and he has a better plan for me than I can imagine 

I'll let him choose the right time, the right place
And the right moment 
For me to find the one that I'll be talking about for years 
(Even if its just to make the other fisher girls jealous) 
I'm going to wait, and be patient, like a good fishing girl 

But in the meantime I'm just enjoying the view 
In my little canoe, in my little pond 
With my pole in one hand
My drink in the other 
In the palm of His hand

No comments:

Post a Comment