Wednesday, February 28, 2018

FORK

Days like today I want to use all of my words at once
Excluding the one that rhymes with baseball bunts
I want to scream to the world and on every website
How everyone can line up and out of me take a bite

I feel like a prickly cactus and every sense of the simile
There is no cure some days - so just let my attitude be
I can even be a dog on a leash, think just like a girl
Step into my mind right then, I'll make your hair curl

I'll even say that word that is a metaphor what you step in
I know, I know, most of these words belong in the garbage bin
But on days like today, at this moment as I write
My rude word list is as long as the tail of a kite

Occasionally I'll resort to the f word, don't think of a fork
Fortunately I've got a bottle stopper on myself, a type of cork
It's simple really, a muzzle on my cussing, trash talking mind
If you swear like me, well, I swear I like your kind

Once in a while it's healthy to just let every word in your head go
Just remember who is around listening, or you'll hit a new low

No comments:

Post a Comment