Saturday, March 17, 2018

Be with Me

I wrote so many love poems and had phrases in my head
These things I retained, to others they remained unsaid
These sweet words were not to be revealed until much later
When they were appreciated by you, someone greater

I come across old snippets of writings that I saved
Of when I was laughing, or when I actually caved
To what life was throwing at me on that particular day
I resorted to writing, and left it unsure of what to say

As I read completed poems and find sketches of lovers
I wonder why I hid these things under journal covers
Then a picture of you and I together comes to mind
And I cannot wait to see what else I can hopefully find

They say that good things come to those who wait
And I'm so happy that you're here, thank you fate
Now I have someone that is the true image of my work
Who loves me for me, every joke to silly quirk

There is absolutely no other person I would rather see
In anything that I write, just you being with me

No comments:

Post a Comment