Saturday, June 23, 2018

Radio

Once upon a time I was able to turn on the radio 
And listen without a memory crossing the lane 
Not the ones where friends circled around a fire 
Reminiscing on high school and quieter times 

Songs will play, slowly filling me with memories
Pushing tears, expecting them to show eventually 
Questioning why I do not sing along 
Even quietly, even though I know the words 

There are times when I'll even change the station 
On the days when the lyrics are just too much 
Too many memories flooding into my heart 
Allowing the threatening tears to push more 

How can I listen to the radio knowing this 
And allow the memories to rule everything 
Is there a way that I can just move on? 
Or will the next song change it all again? 

Time will tell when I can listen with no worries
For now I'll believe, the radio plays what I need to hear 


No comments:

Post a Comment