Sunday, March 31, 2013

Listen

"One cannot listen to what you don't say." - Unknown

Do you listen to others? Do you listen to their body language? Do you listen between the lines?

Have you ever found yourself in the position where you want to tell someone something but you just can't find the words to say? I've found myself in that position more than once but more than once I've found my own way out of it. I'll either tell them that I need to talk to them in a different way by moving my body in another direction, or by stating right out "I'm not totally comfortable with that subject."  Usually that works, but when it doesn't then usually the other person figures out that I'm not interested when I walk away.

I like to watch a persons body language to see if they become uncomfortable or too comfortable with the subject at hand. Too uncomfortable... I stop the subject and move on.
No big deal. If they get too comfortable then it's still time to move on. You may not want to hear them spill the beans on everything in their life. They may realize that they said to much and clam up themselves. We are curious creatures, but sometimes what we find out is not what we want to know.

Listen to your communication partner and listen to your own conscious,  If one or the other is telling you that something is wrong, then something probably is. Just keep that in mind.


Oh and Happy Easter Holiday Weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment