Sunday, October 23, 2016

Dear Rose

Dear Rose;

I'm writing to you about our common enemy,
Whose common name is anxiety.
Hopefully after you read this you'll see
How alone you are not, with me.

It crawls in my ear on hot summer nights,
And into my hair after I turn on the lights.
There it will wait as it tickles and bites,
As my mind begins to buckle and fights.

I'll wait for a friend to rescue me from this fear,
But then Ill pause as it makes me think they'll leer,
At my inability to fight at what they can't hear,
After hours of waiting they only say, 'you're fine, dear.'

I've learned to keep the little demons at bay,
But sometimes all it will take is someone's 'you'll be okay,'
Other times it will take an entire freaking day.
But when I break free oh how I feel happy and gay!

I know that I'm not really alone in fighting this,
But on the days I win I'm full of bliss.
Someday I'm sure I'll send it all away with a kiss,
And the burden will lift, which I will not miss.

Remember on the days you feel as if you're losing it all,
Look up to the stars and remember even sometimes they fall,
Even the strong and sound structures will have a weak wall,
But unlike them when you do the same, you have someone to call.

We're never alone, though we feel as if we are,
When home by ourselves or in a crowded bar,
Running I the park or Sitting in traffic in the car,
Just remember if you need help, I'm not very far.

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment