Thursday, October 27, 2011

Home vs Society

Here’s a scary thought, I’m as white as a ghost.
To you maybe, but to me I’m just right.
I don’t need fashion magazines to tell me otherwise,
To tell me to be tan, or to be orange to fit in.

Here’s a fun fact, I’m don’t fit in Hollister pants.
Apparantly they look good on me,
With their high price tag.
I don’t need society to tell me that I need those pants
To fit in.

So why am I concerned with the way that I look?
The way that I dress, or the way that I sound?
Is it really that important to change the way I am,
To fit in, to be cool, to give the right impression?

At home I do not need to act a certain way
Pretend to not care or breathe smoke in
I can say what I care about for that’s who I am
Not a Barbie doll from the future of society

Also at home there are differences too
I can have my own opinion, but keep it to myself
Cook the meal! But let auntie add in the spices
Could it be that I’m stuck not in a reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment