Thursday, October 13, 2011

S.O. [12]

"Sometimes, the smell of some one's body is better than any perfume, gets you higher than any drug, and leaves you more breathless than space." - Anon.

If you can, close your eyes, (if you are on a train, driving, or otherwise already doing another task, keep your eyes on the road and ignore the previous three words to this tangent...) and think of a out of the way shop. Now open the door to your shop and take a whiff. What does it smell like? Does it smell like freshly made chocolate? Brand new candles? Or does cinnamon make its way to your nose?

What do you sell in your shop? Or did your shop turn into some one's house perhaps? Say it's Grandma's kitchen, full of goodies and fresh cookies? Or is it Grandpa's or Dad's workshop full of old equipment, grease and the stove smoke in the winter?

Or do you smell that one person that you are in love with? Do you smell his (or her) Cologne or perfume? Is this what you smell?

If anyone has ever experienced this, then they know of what heaven smells like.  

There is one smell, that sets me on my toes, has me close my eyes and have the flash backs start again. Of summer nights in the rain, watching the stormy skies, counting stars, chasing the milky way, of hugs and excited laughs, of sorrow and friendship, of the one boy that I owe so many stolen summer nights to.

This one smell leaves me begging for more, for another hug, for another night, for a chance to keep it. I live on the smell, mixed with his cologne and his own tantalizing smell. Others wear what he wears, but only he can make it his. It is as common as snow in winter and yet I keep chasing it, forever out of my reach.

The most beautiful part of this scent, is that everyone has this scent on their mind right now, whether it is vanilla coffee, fresh fall leaves, snow that fell during the night, the crackle of bonfires, everyone chases it until the end of their days. And the cause of the scent sometimes don't even know that their existence make ourselves so happy. I can just barely remember it now, but the moment that I see him I will be over powered by his scent to the point that again I will swoon... ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment