Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day by Day

I won't waste another breath
Nor another tear
Or another thought
On that idea

The deed is done
The past is past
All but memories
Which I'll hold dear

We tried our best to do it all
Call me crazy
But you are right
It's best we remain friends

Friends are all we'll remain to be
Friends who have seen so much
Kissed all, loved more
Traded secrets even

I'll move on and so will you
And we'll revert back to who we were
Girl and Boy, Friend and Friend
This will never again be revealed

I've no regrets, neither do you
But time is wasting, time is money
Money is what we both need to survive
To have and to hold, to survive

Call me for a movie, or a drink, or two
Even ask me occasionally to ask how was my day
But don't ask for anything more than that
Please, I'm still living day by day

No comments:

Post a Comment