Saturday, January 23, 2016

Anecdotes

As a writer
Little things I never
Would have guessed
Would still have an impact
Find its way back to me

I'll find little notes
Just little anecdotes
That take me years back
To when you and I
Used to talk daily

I'll find the little handwritten
Folded pieces of smitten
Written between high school loves
Or the others torn and taped
Between friends, in between classes

I started to write this break up note
Which I found in my old small coat
About how 'I've got this heaviness
In my heart when ever I talk to you.'
And I haven't a clue as to who it is to

As I read on this old love letter
It really doesn't get any better
For I write to them 'I don't know
If its because we've been over
or because we never were.'

I must have been the writer
Because I've always been a fighter
But I read on as it says
'If we never were then we never were.'
I must have really been fighting to let go

As I continue on I read
And understand where it starts to lead
If you think about it, it can be applied to everyday
'But I wish the spot in my heart would go away,
It makes it hard to breathe sometimes...'

Now before you and I get too excited
I think you are going to laugh and be delighted
To know that this was not to some old love
Or to a friend that I had let go
It was to the end of Girl Scout cookie box
Which now I once again crave.....

No comments:

Post a Comment