Saturday, January 23, 2016

Roses

I've never been one for hidden meanings
The hidden picture books always drove me insane
Don't ask me to find the missing whatever
I'll answer you just the same

When you offer me roses I adore the colors
From red to white to yellow to pink
I'll appreciate the gesture and the time that it took
To bring them all to me here

When I offer you roses understand that I know what they mean
To my friends forever I'll offer
The pale yellows and pure whites
To show my love and appreciation of our true friendships

If I offer a person who has wronged me
By perhaps eating the last cookie
Or taking my parking space
I'll offer them a single, perfect, yellow rose

This rose means we are still friends
And friends we'll forever remain
I forgive you dear friend
For all friends deserve a second chance...

Just don't eat my cookies again!

No comments:

Post a Comment