Wednesday, December 8, 2010

1 am meanderings

I noticed tonight
Before I turned off the light
The reflection of the rubber ducks
That sat within my dorm window
A few had on costumes
Another was riding bare
All were of different colors
All smiled without a care
Their siblings at home were tucked away
Hiding up in the attic
They belonged up there with the Christmas things
Collecting dust in a basket
When I'm home eventually I'll take them down
For every duck should be able to see the light
Every duck should share in the Christmas spirit
He gave me those special ducks
Oh I'm sure to not find another
But on recollection....
One found a bear
This one replaced it
Another found me a duck
This one replaced it by six
But still another found me a Hippo
And this one has been beat fair and square
Oh giving presents that match really isn't fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment