Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dreams

I can't go backward can I?
Theres things to see places to go
People to see
But I still can't fly
Away

Again we look into our past
See whats there
Try to remember
Try to pick out the pieces
That we like
But we only remember the seeds

There the songs we sung
Places we habited
Items we shared
Phrases we finished

But is there one happy thing to remember
One thing that always crops up
We wedge it down deep
Deep into our unconciousness
Like a dream within a dream within a dream

I had one last night
About being a housewife
Where I wanted to be
I was brainwashed beyond belief
But I don't believe that
I believed in the truth
And thats what I wanted to be

A housewife! Me!
Taking care of the food the laundry
the house the kids
Well in my dreams I don't have kids
I told him no there would be no sex
We were going to adopt
And that what we did

My life played before me
I was satisfied

Awake I realized it was a dream
And how confused I was
I folded my laundry
Took my shower
Thought about it again
Shrugged it all away
And went back to being the way I was

I couldn't go back to where we struggled
Where the equality was 100 to zip
I couldn't let the men win
Where they earned $1 to our $0.75
I couldn't go back to where dreams ruled
Where rings went on before turning 20
I couldn't go back to where I was
Where I believed in love

But I'm in trouble, you see
For Love still believes in me

No comments:

Post a Comment