Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Changeling


As you may be aware, I am interested in the subject of changeling children. If you are not aware, please see the short story "Lilly" found on the bottom of the blog, thanks!
When I first heard of Changeling it was when it was still in theatres. As I am a broke college student, I didn't watch it and waited for it to come out on DVD. Finally it arrived and I was able to watch it! And I was not dissapointed with the full story.
Changeling takes place in the late 1920's in Los Angeles, a city full of corruption, secret murders and unsolved kidnappings. Angelina Jolie stars as a mother who falls victim to a kidnapping and a 'glossing over' 'he's probably only a runaway kid' treatment from the L.A. Police Department. One day the police knock on her door and declare they had found her son, however, it is not her son. In a period where women were looked down up and were placed into mental institutions with ease, Jolie has her troubles when she tries to fight with the police in getting her real son back.
Jolie never succumbs to the rough treatment the L.A.P.D. puts her through, instead continues to fight until the real culprit is caught and handled by a higher power. 
I truly enjoyed this story, and I would like to watch it again, but the most interesting aspect about the movie was, the movie was based off of a true story. This captured my attention, and it was unbelievable to think that these happenings did occur in Los Angeles. This is not a comedy, not a girls night in movie, and certainly not a first date movie. This is a thriller that will capture you from the moment it begins to the moment the vandels are dealt with. Certainly on my 'will buy in the future list' for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment