Thursday, June 28, 2012

Best Friend For(N)ever

I’m crying because I lost my best friend
She was never there for me in the first place
Found ways to get out of our dates
Came up with things to do rather than see me
My mother needed to email her just so she’d see me
She wouldn’t have dinner with us any other way

I’m angry because I lost my best friend
She wasn’t there for me when I lost my great-grandmother
Found a way to leave me stranded when I needed to leave school
Came up with things to do rather than receive her Christmas gifts
My mother felt the need to ask me why she wasn’t coming over
She doesn’t know why, and neither do I

I’m confused about my best friend
She was never there, I should have asked why
Found a reason why, instead of taking all the blame
Came up with a few ideas to do by myself, without her
My mother needs to tell me that there are other best friends out there
She doesn’t have to be the only one

I’m upset about losing my best friend
She was never there because I’m not as important as anymore
Found a new boyfriend she did, left me again to be with him
Came home and wants to ignore me, that is fine, I have better things to do
My mother and I have more time to be home alone like we used to
She might realize, someday, that she left her short friend behind

I’m looking for my best friend
She is always there, and only a phone call or a text away
Found a new person to be with, to complain with, to bake cookies with
Came home and found recent pictures of us, laughing & having a good time
My mother loves my new best friends; they’re always so funny
She was right, my mother, there are better people out there
                                         Than those who leave you behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment