Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Italian Wood

Anyone enjoys a good funny story, and this one has to be one of the funnies I've heard so far this week! This is a true story, and sorry, but no accompanying pictures that relate to the story. We were all hanging around the table the other day, comparing childhood stories when one of my friends started laughing and asked us if we knew the term 'Italian Wood.' We shook our head no and someone said "What's 'Italian Wood.' Next we heard the following story!

"My dad and I used to have a few friends that liked to go snowboarding out in the back yard. However, we needed a few trails! Luckily my dad had a few friends who could help us out! We went trailblazing and had a good old time."

"Now, there was alos a housing development going near my place, it wasn't quite approved by my family and friends, but it did come into some use! So my dad, me and his buddy headed out to the new housing development and collected the new 'Italian Wood.' It wasn't actual wood, it was the silver stakes that the developers put into the ground to help with the placement of houses or what have you. Well we traveled around the development collecting all the 'wood' that we could! Dad said that we needed the wood to help build a fence, or something or other in the yard, I never did quite figure out what they were all used for!"

"So why did you call it 'Italian Wood?'"

"'Cause we're all Italian's you dope!"

No comments:

Post a Comment