Monday, December 12, 2011

Apples to Apples

I had a mother come up to me once when I was babysitting her dear child, whom I will name "Godzilla" after his favorite character, Godzilla, and mentioned to me who she wished she was 'smaller', and how she ate for two when she was pregnant.  That's what you're supposed to do right? (I wouldn't know!) After the funny stories I came back the next day and for a snack for my little Godzilla I prepared apples and peanut butter. Want to know the funny part? Godzilla loved it! He asked for more! His mother was just as surprised, she didn't think he would actually like the combination, which was a healthy alternative to the chicken nuggets that he really liked to eat. (I did too, they were in dinosaur shapes! Yum!) A few weeks after I had left the mother mentioned to me that he kept asking for the apples and peanut butter! I was shocked, I didn't realize that he would have liked it that much! And so I shall pass this on to you, since it was such a great success in Godzilla's home!

You need:

1 apple
1 knife
1 jar of peanut butter
extra: Raisins, peanuts, Cinnamon, toothpicks

1. Cut your apple into slices, as big as you want. I particularly like my apples cut in small quarters, big enough to hold and small enough to fit in your mouth without too much trouble. 
2. Spread peanut butter onto the apple slice and add on the raisins, peanuts or sprinkle on cinnamon. Instead of adding peanut butter to the apples you can also just add cinnamon and you get a yummy flavor altogether! P.S. in this step is where you get to experiment!
3. Stab a toothpick through the apple slice and serve!

Here are some ideas,

Just apples & peanut butter....
 Apples and cinnamon on a piece of bread with peanut butter and....
Apples and cinnamon!

I hope you enjoy as much as Godzilla did!


1 comment:

  1. i have to say its a grate snack i had a teacher bring it in to class one day and it was a big hit. but she did not just bring apples she also had celery sticks. :)this is making me hungry now lol

    ReplyDelete