Friday, December 2, 2011

Two Shakes of a Lambs Tail

Everyone may have heard this quote at one time or another, in one form or another and it still doesn't lose its, cute charm. I only say cute because lambs are ADORABLE. Okay, what were we discussing? Right, two shakes of a lambs tale.


Look how cute it is! It's like its saying "Get on with it lady!" Oh, wait okay. Harrumph. I'm not 100% positive about the original date that the phrase came to be, but it is adorable all the same.


Oh don't tell me that I'm putting you to sleep, it's no fun to talk to people like that! so two shakes of a lambs tale means to move quickly, or something moves quickly. Such as a shake of a lambs tail.
 

... or sheep ducky. Which ever one you prefer! I actually own this one, but unfortunately, the poor things tail is frozen in plastic wool! To get back to the topic, two shakes of a lambs tail can certainly mean to be be very quick about it. Unless of course if the lamb only shakes his tail once, but does that mean that the lamb only twitched? I'm a little confused... Oh look! Another lamb!
 

... or two. Te he. Look how cute they are! He he he he! Or what if two lambs shake their tails at the same time? Does this mean that you have to be doubly fast? Like, you have to move on the double? How curious. Or what if there is three lambs? then you have to move really, really fast? Dear, I'm getting ahead of myself.


I think I'll stick to the definition of the lamb moving its tail from one side to the other twice, and you need to move as fast as that tail can move. Unless if course its as fast lightning, but that is super fast, and sounds like another cliche post... hmm?


I will try to keep up to date with the blog posts, and try my best to it as quick as two shakes of a lambs tail, as I have seen lambs before (they are more adorable than they are in these pictures!) and their tails do move very fast! Keep moving quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment