Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Amityville Horror

I'm not usually one for Horror movies, but I dared to watch it since I wanted to well... seem less babyish. And yes I screamed just about the whole time. No joke. Worst part was that I still had to go to bed that night. Luckily, I don't live anywhere near where the house was... was? Oh shucks, maybe it's still standing! Somebody tear that house down!!!
Sorry, okay, back to the movie. It begins with this young couple deciding to move into a new home. The hubby tries to make friends with his new beau's kids, but things start to get ugly. As they are moving into the house, strange things start happening. In the beginning, the littliest daughter befriends a ghost and starts to have some 'fun'. I say 'fun' because at one point she ends up on the roof and almost jumps.  The husband starts to have delusions about the new house, and the creepy ghosts that haunt the joint don't really help at all. In fact, they really make it worse. By and by the experts are being called in to get rid of the ghosts, but like the priest in 'Casper', they run out of there pretty darn quick.
As the worse begins to take form, the mother becomes the only sane person in the house and decides to take charge of all the trouble that is brewing... until the unavoidable happens, Hell Breaks Loose. I must admit, after watching the movie and not sleeping for a week it was a good movie to watch. Just enough special effects and I'm quite thrilled to read the book! (Apparantly the whole thing was written as a book first at first-hand experiences, but then I heard after that, that the story was really just a hoax. All I'm saying is if I saw a basement like they had, I would be three states over in a matter of minutes!) Oh, and one other thing, watch this in the daylight, like any other horror movie, please?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment