Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Godfather

What I can't believe is that I waited until NOW to watch this spectacular movie. Honestly. As my relatives said "Pay attention, this is your heritage." Of course, they were referring to the wedding, which I believe I shall pull as many details from as I can! (What is this I hear? The beginning of the Godfather playing again? Oh happy days!) The movie begins with the Godfather (played by Marlon Brando) agreeing to take on certain tasks that other men have asked of him while attending his daughters wedding. (This is part of a tradition, and as well she is his only daughter to begin with).
Don Vito Corleone (Or commonly known in the movie as THE DON) is the head of one of the five families in Eastern United States and has all that hold power in his pocket. He has three sons, Micheal (Al Pacino!) Sonny, another one who we really don't see too often and his godson, Johnny. One day he is shot down and it seems that the whole mob empire is going to be at war at each other, until Micheal steps in and handles the situation by taking his fathers advice, "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." While out of town Micheal misses out on some of the action that happens in the States, which is fantastic. So much "mob love" going on here! Truth be told, it is a manly movie, but there is a enough romance to keep a girl interested! Which includes weddings, romancing (the good kind, like shopping together and dates in Sicily! And, surprise surprise, Diane Keaton plays  role here too! How amazing is that?) Oh, and that poor horse...
I hope you enjoy this movie! The book that I'm tying with the movie is called "Son of the Mob" by Gordon Korman which is a Young Adult novel, but he is a good author!

No comments:

Post a Comment