Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chealsea

Remember the movie 'Hunchback of Notre Dame'? Esmeralda the gypsy took refuge in the church. I'm not religious, just like her but I thought I'd give it a shot. What would the harm be after all? The church is a safe haven, at least that's what I believed. I ran to the church and its open doors, surrounded by a dark forest, but when I was running, I realized that I was running in place, I was getting no closer to the church and the doors that swung open in a welcoming way.
I woke up in a cold sweat, I was that scared. I didn't have a safe haven, and I was running in place and the forest was beginning to take over in my dreams. Something needed to be done, but I was afraid. My self-esteem is shot, if there was school I'd be ridiculed beyond belief. I haven't brushed my hair, there is no make up smearing my face and I haven't changed in days. My appetite is gone, being an insomniac is not helping my eating habits. What's worse is that Greg left me, gone on a hunt for Courtney, but I have this sinking dread that the girls are really are dead, and the forest really got them. There is no where for me to run to.
I want to turn to Ricky, but he is no where to be found. His car, his beloved car that I watched him build from scratch was still in his parents garage, you can't get anywhere in town without a car, so why would he leave it behind?
Frank has been calling my house, begging my mother to tell him if they have heard anything about his step-daughter. My mother is as concerned as he is, more concerned for him since his wife just passed away. The poor soul, I really did like Courtney's mom. Of course, she hasn't seen me in her home since grade school, but it was only because Court and I didn't really get along these past few years since I found out the secret about her best friend. I'm afraid.
Rachel, dear dear Rachel. The town will never know that we were sisters. Half sisters, that is. My father, the one person you would think that would be the most truthful and honest person in the world committed the worst sin against my mother, he had another child without her knowing. He didn't even know. Rachael's mother and my mother compared notes one night, about their loving husbands and past lovers when they realized that my father was at Daisy's house seventeen years ago. What a betrayer. I haven't been the same in the past five years since my father left. I hope the forest got him but not his daughter. She was precious to me, as a sister, someone I could trust. But she is gone now, and I'm scared.
Chuck, oh blessed Chuck. I'm trying my best to help, but I'm so worn out from trying. I love you so so much. I"m sorry that I used Greg, I swear that I was only trying to build his image in the school! What is so hard to believe that? I want to help find your sister, but you've got to tell me how. I'm scared for Kaite, she's pregnant and the forest got Justin. What is going to happen to both of them? I know that they're both your very dear friends and you have shared more secrets that you could ever share with me, but please understand that I'm petrified. I don't want anyone else to get hurt.
My baby Chealsea, I'm frightened. She was so young before she was kidnapped by the forest. She was too young! She's just a child! Adults we understand, but babies like Chealsea? Leave the children alone! Please! I'm begging you in my weakened state of body, but I am still strong-minded. Death will have to take my hand before you can take me, Forest!
But Chuck, I'm still so frightened....

No comments:

Post a Comment