Thursday, March 10, 2011

Giggles, a Bucket Full

"Rain boots or cute shoes?" I mumbled to myself. I peeked through the shade and saw the looming clouds. "Rain boots."
I slipped them on, gathered my school things, pulled on my jacket and glanced at Frannie, she looked asleep still so I waltzed out the door.
I met Krista on my trudge through the campus and giggled at her discomfort in her new 'trudge boots.' It was a good day to wear them, no doubt about that. We stepped into the swamp that been created overnight after the flood passed through. Spring was just around the corner, you could smell the signs of new buds, fresh rain and ... fresh poop. The geese had been there the day before. Discusting creatures!
Krista laughed and I saw that she had stepped halfway up her boot already in the mud. I slipped my arm into the crook of hers and she leaned on me for support. I suppose my galoshes were meant for this weather! "I gotchya!" I laughed and we made our way across the quad. This was going to be a trip, we only needed to go 100 feet in two minutes and it felt like hours!

But as everyone knows, a trip is worth the time when you go with good friends, a few mistakes and a bucket full of laughs to help you along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment