Saturday, February 4, 2012

I Question Why

I have been hurt when trying to be wise;
I've tried shutting the door, losing the key;
Tried to shift through or avoid the lies;
Time shows the only one I hurt is me. 

I'll laugh, I'll smile, I'll give them what they want;
Almost, I keep what only I can see;
The boys believe I only like to taunt;
But please know, this is how I used to be.

I'm a freak, I'm a coward, I'm a fool; 
I'm chased, I'm caught, I'll again run away;
But now I'm grounded, and I blame you;
I could stay here until I'm old and grey.

It's strange, I'll say it, you're still a stranger;
I don't know myself, as well, anymore;
I think that's good, no more feelings of danger;
A wish has become less of a folk lore.

I'm safe and sound, more beautiful too;
And these small things are a result of you.

1 comment:

  1. the big thing is you got to be you. if people cant let you be you then your not your self, if your not your self then your not happy, you give them what they wont but your only hurting your self because its not what you wont so your not happy. if people don't no you they may take thing the wrong way and you fill bad

    ReplyDelete