Friday, June 24, 2011

Sound Off [4]

'Life is too short not to take that one in a million chance.'

This hits a couple of points in my current situation. I had a boy friend who made a few decisions. One of them was let me walk away. Another one was let his girl friend let him walk all over him. But he wrote to me a few days ago and told me that he didn't know if he made the right decisions, time would tell. And he's right. Time would tell, but time doesn't wait for you, it just keeps ticking on.

Last night I went out with my friends brother, just to catch up for the night, and he said something similar. How do we know that we made the right choices? Will we ever find out?

Life is short, we are only here on average fifty years. That is half a century! Half a century of making choices and living with the decisions. And every single chance may never arrive again. There is only one chance to make that perfect kiss, one chance to jump into the summer lake, one chance to make the right choice.

The question that everyone individually must answer is, how do we know if it is the one and only choice we have?

I had a one in a million shot, and I missed it. He left and seems happier, I didn't turn around. I had another chance one that I would regret or tell the story for the rest of my life, I decided to keep telling the story. I can either dance in the pure rain or wait until I'm old and can't because there is too much acid. I can either find my own shoes and dance and let everyone see me or hide without showing off my talent. I'd rather be the person that every girl can look up and hear the heroic stories from than be a washed up bean bag with no stories and no life.

I'm taking my chances and I'll run with that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment