Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dead Corpses

I came to when I hit the, shit.
Something grabbed Tink and pulled her out of my vision. A guy dressed like a security guy pulled the dead corpse through the water, and around the corner. Another came for Wendy and began to pull her, but, somehow, she escaped! She had only faked being a dead corpse! However, she was still in trouble as she had seen how many bodies there really was! "RUN WENDY, RUN!"
I was stuck, I was still woozy from the dip in the sludge and now... the guard had a firm grip on my collar. I had no where to go. As he dragged my hands and feet through the unspeakable and attached me to the walls, I tried to piece the situation together. 
"Who could do this? And why would they want with Dave and the rest of those kids? I think that girl 'Tinkerbell' was on the task force, years ago, but, as I remembered, she had gone on a case undercover a few months back and I hadn't seen her since. Now I realize where she had been.
Tinkerbell, she was a tiny little girl but she could fit through any opening.  I recalled a case where my friend, Bonnie had been on a case with Tink and when they were in trouble Tink had found an opening that lead into a crypt. I only thought of that case now, as I had mistakenly thought all the bodies were dead in the crypt... and Wendy was still alive. Of course, we didn't expect the security guy to show up and try to kill us, again.
Bobbi was telling us about the story. Bobbi was a straight talker, with big beaver teeth that somehow made her look hotter than she was with her lips closed. Her jet black hair had a green streak through it, she said that her daughter decided to do that in the middle of the night for revenge and as a retort, she hadn't taken it out since. Bobbi told us that she was unfortunate enough to discover that the place was booby trapped. She had sent Tink in on a suicide mission and she didn't have enough time to warn her.  
"Due to the quick action of the booby trap," she continued, "The mob got us. They shot down my partner, or so they thought, and nabbed me. Tink though, she's a good faker, and a fast runner. She got away, as for me... I was caught. They didn't torture me or anything. I was placed in their house and over time, I had free rein of the house. I could almost go out the door when company came but they threw me back inside. The phone was monitored. Since no one knew that I was here, in the 'safe house' I feared for the worst. Over time I was able to pick up the phone, I was given this responsibility, only because people didn't know I was actually here.
Often, they didn't say anything when I picked up. I wanted to see if I could relay a message but it hardly would've made a difference. Only mobsters and next victims called or visited.
I eventually was ignored ... I was not talked to or anything. I was fed, gained a few pounds,  not that you can notice now! But still no one talked to me. After about 2 months after coming to the house, I stopped talking all together and became mute. I feared that they at the station thought I was dead.
I remember thinking, about three or four months in, that I broke the coffee date that Tink and I had arranged about a week before I went missing.
About five months in, I had lost count by this point, I realized that the mob was getting a little more anxious about me picking up the phone, I wondered if there was a search party starting up for somebody... me.  I figured they already planned my funeral. Ha!" Bobbi had one of those loud laughs, that filled the room and grabbed everyones attention, if they weren't already entrapped!
"I can't believe that I actually had written out a will! I should have had more faith in Tink! I wrote in my will, 'My regret is that I did not have any kids, while I was young and going on 30 five times!"
"Well eventually I was rescued, by the small yet brave Tinkerbelle, good old Sheryll. Honey, I owe you more than life for pulling me out of another --!"
My memory was cut short as I recalled where I was at the moment. Chained to the wall of a crypt with dead men on my left, dead women on my right.
And I was all alone.

All alone to die.

Die.

No comments:

Post a Comment