Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Secret Window

 
HEY KATIE! THIS POST IS FOR YOU!

Johnny Depp. Always an interesting character. In this movie I definetly saw a few of his other characters, but I could NOT get over his hair cut here! Absolutely ridiculous! I wanted to cut it right then and there!

Anyways, the first time I watched this movie was New Years Eve/New Years Day 2007/2008. I remember cause I watched it in my best friends room at the time which incendentally enough about a year later was where my boyfriend at the time cheated on me. A YUP. Happy Memories.

 
These retellings of stories do have a purpose. You see, Mr. Rainey here had a similar problem. He caught his wife cheating on him one stormy winter night. but he's a writer so what does he do? He WRITES the perfect murder. At least, he thinks so.
 
Then one day, after he starts to get his life back together, somewhat, after finding his wife cheating, he gets a rude call from a stranger from Mississippi. John Shooter. A gun toting, truth seeker who has no qualms about twisting people into getting what he wants. A very twisted man.
 
So Twisted is this Shooter fellow, that he kills a dog, and two more people before Rainey can figure out who the heck this guy is and how to be rid of him forever. It's such a twisted ending, and such a cruel way of punishing people that it has taken me over 4 years to get the guts to watch this movie again! And, boy was the wait WORTH THE ENDING!
 
Also, after four years, you kind of understand a few more important details that you didn't quite understand the first time you watched the movie under the covers...

 
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment