Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mona Lisa

I SEE
a beautiful person sitting on the pedastal, awaiting her turn to be painted.
She's nervous, and doesn't know the impact of her beauty on the world.

I HEAR
snickering behind the artists back as he paints her hidden beauty.
Short breaths coming from the subject as she changes her mind.

I SMELL
homemade paints as they swirl on the palate, freshly ground this morning.
Smelling salts are also present, fro those who cannot handle the strong smells.

I FEEL
tingles rush down my spine as I witness this moment in history.
A sigh of awe breathes down my neck from the viewer behind me.

I TASTE
the homemade wine flow down my senses as I observed the scene.
The bitter foot stomped flavor was quelled by the goat cheese I had before.


- In response to viewing the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment