Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nails in the Coffin

You said you loved me
Like a cute little puppy dog
Who believes he's found his best friend

You said I was amazing
Like how the stars couldn't compare
A shooting star among the background

I was beautiful
You exclaimed to the world
More gorgeous than what God has created

All is well with the world
Now since you knew me
But it isn't since there is still war and corruption

Good Morning Sunshine!
It isn't true for doesn't the sun live in the sky
I live here on Earth among family and friends

Every false comment
Every scary thought
Too soon my heart screamed
It isn't right my mind cried

Still you continued
First date was on me
First kiss wasn't romantic
The first phone call was too long
Still you continued

I wasn't being wooed
I wasn't being treated right
I wasn't feeling how it should

You adorn me with presents
Sing sweet songs
Pretend to worry
Actually give a care
But how much of it really meant to you
And how much of it meant to me?

Threre's nothing here for you
Only a few unwritten letters and a few toys
Just enough for who comes after this round
I've said my bit and
You have said yours
We have gone our separate ways
There's nothing more to say

No comments:

Post a Comment