Thursday, April 14, 2011

Honest Abe & Kyle

The best president of all time: President Lincoln.  Think about it, he is one of the tallest, most honest presidents we have ever had.  He wanted to put an end to slavery, saw the future of education and also had a great taste in the arts, after all he was assassinated in a theatre!  Upon recollection I remembered a smarty that I went to school with years ago, sometime in elementary school, before he met the wrong crowd.  I remember how I wanted to marry him, all girls wanted to wear the big white dress as soon as possible, marry the smartest boy in class and everything like that.  So, Kyle, the class and I had ventured out of our town one day and ended up in a museum located out of town and somewhere we never had been.  There was an exhibit that had caught my eye, you took a short quiz and hit the button of who you believed to be the best president ever.  It was the late nineties, early two-thousand, when Bush was still around with his No Child Left Behind shenanigan, and Kyle voted for Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln.  He hit the button (somehow he managed to cheat to get there quickly) and pushed it perhaps a dozen times before he noticed that I was standing behind him.  Spinning he looked at me sheepishly and said “Lincoln is the best president of all time.”  Then he ran back to the class.  I’ll never forget that, he probably did, but it makes me laugh.  I still can’t remember where we went, or who was teaching the class but it was still a memorable moment.  Or maybe I just remember it because the smartest boy in the class actually talked to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment