Saturday, April 23, 2011

New

Once upon a time I was told that Prince Charming did exist
But I realize now that if I had one then in other relationships he will be missed
I wish and wish upon the star that is high above my head
11:11 comes around twice a day, but now I fear that time is dead
I wish on my eyelashes, on yours as well
But no matter how much I wish none of the wishes come true
I look for more luck by ringing bells for all angels
I have a lucky rabbits foot, a lucky penny too
Now day after day I look more and more like a fool
Yesterday I looked in the eyes of a green eyed boy
Today I did the same in a blue eyed marine core's
I wish them the both of luck and I hope they treat their girls right
If they don't then I hope the girls will put up a fight
And demand that their boys treat them right
My wish is the same I wish for one that will treat me the same
I've had a boy who needed a hand
And theres another who wanted to be in a band
I wish that he could also carry a tune
Serenade me to bed, and help me wake up in the morn'
Sweet tunes please, thats all I ask
But that is just a small portion of what I wish
Alas I don't believe that he does exist
I'd love a voice, but that doesn't make a man perfect
What makes a man perfect is his protection
And the way that he'll never let me go
I'd ask him to let me a little loose, once in a while
Just so I can hug my family!
No lease, he can trust me that much
And in return I'll lavish his dinner plate with roses and lace
Once in a while I'll let him cook, and I'll clean ... half of the house
Theres so much that I can do for the man that I'll love
As long as he sends me as much love back ... so I hope.
The biggest thing of all, the answer to my prayers
Is that my man dance, pick me up and swing me low
Swing me around, and once more never let me go
I'll never be cold because his hug is so warm
I'll never feel alone because I can still feel his hug
Let me know when he comes around
When you don't look things like that tend to be found
I know that not all prayers are answered
I just hope that one day mine will be
It's just a little wish
It may, it may not be answered
I just hope that one day we'll meet
Some day he'll hear my song

No comments:

Post a Comment