Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pies & Beers

I am not without tradition, where ever I go.

Here sit right here in this chair, I’ll put on a show.

Here on the left you can see that my family is quite big,

The farthest back I can go is to man, who I believe wore a wig!

He was English and proper and I’m guessing quite a man,

As for his last name, as you can tell, I’m still quite a fan.

Zipping forward we find the beginning of this happy band

And the woman in their marriage gave a hand.

You see one came to America first on a rusty old ship,

She came right after and didn’t even have to pay for a roundtrip.

They had kids, kept a few traditions and they still exist today,

They will last forever and forever! At least that I pray,

The next followers came much the same way

Where I live now is where they decided to stay.

Work, work, work, all day long, traditions all the way

There was no meeting the big boss-man halfway.

The families got married and had even more kids,

As far as we know none had died of SIDS.

Twenty years later those families met again,

Funny how what goes around comes back again.

The family grows and shrinks within the years,

Every year was share more stories over pies and beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment