Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tis but the End

Practice makes Perfect that's what the parents say
And once its all perfected, we all want to stay
We had but simple beginnings in that small cafeteria
Laughing then and labeled with hysteria
Three months has passed since and it seems so long
This ending it does seem so wrong
We cheered each other one, positive thinking and such
Summing up our unlearned lines with such and such
We ate meals together and tried to keep each other alive
To pull off the best performance, to that we did strive
Finally we left the small cafeteria and moved into bigger space
To win the small skirmishes faster now, time seemed to race
Bigger stage, and it began to build itself, piece by piece
And closer to opening night our excitement did increase.
At last we are in costume, make up and wearing bigger smiles
Running across the stage, behind the curtain and down the aisles
One last week of rehearsal, then one day, then a last minute
The teachers respectively tuned their violin and flute
Stretched our voices, sang out to the empty seats
Singing once more to a made up hilarious beat
The curtain opened the actors took the stage
Last second make up, hair and beards took place
Once more we taunted the crowd, trying to save face
Slowly they filled in and we started a little late
First night we laughed, for it was only our fate
Second night it was nervous laughs because it was almost done
And we knew that we were halfway done with our fun
Third night, that's what did me in
All I could hear after the show, after the party, all and afterwards was fin.

I stood out on stage and I heard my cast mates saying their lines
Its funny how most of them did have rhymes
I walked to where I was and whispered what I would have said
My words dropping out of my mouth like lead
I couldn't believe that when the curtain was open that this was the pith of all
But somehow I was strong enough not to completely fall
I stood there looking out to the empty place
Tears streaming down my face as if they were in a race
The world came alive all around me, revolved around my quiet state
All of the characters, from Pertruchio to Kate
It was over, it was done, it would no longer be the same
In three short days we had had a little bit of fame
I stood there alone, afraid and not knowing what to do next
If you are not aware, a theatre mind is one that is complex
More tumbled down, falling there was no end
Then suddenly I felt as if I had to defend
A new friend came and realized that I was hurting inside
He came by, and I cried
I cried into his chest, and he wiped away my tears
And in that moment he helped take away my fears
It was the end of the night but not the end of the life
"Sir it is such a life, with such a wife...."
I'll keep saying their lines, keeping everyone alive
This moment of learning I once again can survive
I'm glad that he caught me before I took a hard fall
Because of my new friend concerns, right now, I'll keep him above all

Once more the curtain closed on the night
And we held in our tears with all our might

No comments:

Post a Comment