Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lisp

"Thath the endth of thath," I replied.
And she looked at me with a face that I instantly denied.
I gave her the eye and she knew I lied,
And with a twist of my lip and under my breath I "fie" 'd

I took a sip of my drink,
Made a face because it did stink
And so drained it into the sink,
I spat after it and called him a fink.

I looked away then spotted a bite,
It filled me up, it felt so frothy and light,
When I turned around with a plate and a fork I did look a sight,
"Don't you dare take my chocolate," I said, or "I'll put up a fight!"

They left me alone in the kitchen, they left me in the dark,
For an instant I felt naked and stark,
I felt a little odd, ready to sing like a lark,
Then my mood did change, I threw the fork, I hit my invisible mark.

"I hathe you!" I screamed at the picture,
Obviously chocolate was not the cure.
I decided to fishing was, so I grabbed my favorite lure,
I was not in the mood to look immature.

Tonight was not the best fishing night, so I went in to sleep
I couldn't very quickly so I counted sheep.
Finally dreams came and away from the real world I did leap,
I found myself looking down off of a mountian, I felt dizzy, it seemed so steep.

"Ith's fine," I cried, "Now leave me alone."
So in my dream I closed my eyes and dropped like a stone.
As I fell I heard the winds scream and moan
Softly I landed and upon impact I let out a soft groan.

The dust settled and I opened my eyes,
Around me it seemed, the colors were of the wrong dyes.
Lying around me were stranger, relaxing with quiet sighs
No longer listening to the little white lies.

Slowly I lifted off of the soft ground,
Quietly I twisted myself around,
Above me was things that did not want to be found,
I was awarded with the absence of sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment