Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lights

I want to dance
Softly Sliding Gliding Flying Across the Stage
Feel the audiances eyes watching my every move
Yet I cannot see or hear them
Not until the very end.
No describable words can define the way I move
Twisting Turning Contorting into Shapeful Images
Dancing Alone, the Light trained on Me
But sometimes when dancing alone the steps become Irregular
Off beat dancing to the wrong tune then back again without
Missing a beat
For once I wish I had a partner
Someone to share the spotlight with
A solitary dance to a solitary tune
Can turn into a duet in step and Song
He can take my hand spin me right into his arms
Lift me by my waist
Skillfully turn my balanced body on one foot
Dips me low and slow with the tapping of the Tango
Picks me Up, Spins me Around
And as a finale kisses me and the audiance applauds
When the magic ends and the music stops
We Will cease to Exist as the lights go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment