Monday, July 9, 2012

Reverting to Stolen Kisses

You asked me again tonight if we should give ourselves another chance
I shook my head but of what we’ve done before created a memory dance
I wanted to say yes but when you asked I still was not sure
Before I could make a final decision I noticed a puddle on the floor from your cur

It was like you had never left, tonight as we lay down on the sofa
Playing games with our fingers and stealing kisses behind the back of your Ma
You were my first kiss and I know that you’ll never forget that
Your mother called us for dinner, and for a moment I had forgotten that you had a cat

I knew it was coming but I did not fear it like before
After dinner you kissed me and my happiness began to soar
I kissed you back, on the lips, on the cheek and in return you kissed me again
And the longer I stayed the more I saw you more than a casual friend

At the movies I found that the other boy in my life was after all not right
You do not need to have a physical relationship to have a wonderful night
With Him I felt at peace and overjoyed that I knew how to be satisified
To this day I realize that to me he has never lied

I’m home now, after a night of wishing that this would never end
The seconds that we were together just seemed to blend
Right now all I have is your smell lingering on my shirt
And a stolen kiss to which now to its memory I shall revert

No comments:

Post a Comment