Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ruthie's Scarf


I know I know, it's ANOTHER scarf! Well I had fun doing this one so *blows raspberry*. My girlfriend of 5 years just graduated from college (Go Ruthie!) So as a present I decided to make her a scarf! She picked out a few of the colors, green and blue, but when I got to the store, the green she wanted wasn't available! So I had to go to the next best thing, dark blue!
In total I have twelve light blue granny squares (the easiest thing next to regular rows!) and I tied them all together using the inside row of the square. Confused? If you look close you can see the neat stitching I created when doing so. I also did the same pattern with the dark blue.
Usually I just put edge for the sides, but I decided this time to put a double edge on the scarf, and wouldn't you know it Ruthie loved my prototype! And the best part was, she already had a jacket that matched it perfectly! I love happy endings. ♥
Congrats again Ruthie!

No comments:

Post a Comment