Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Blows everything out of the water


BOOM! And there goes everything you've ever known, all the knowledge that you built up and maybe even everything you knew about a person after they cheated on you. Well, maybe not to those extremes, but do you know the feeling?

Good luck, sailor.

It's one of those moments when you are thinking that life is going a-okay for you. Your job is going well, school is going well, your friends are acting pretty sane for the most part and you have food on your table. But then, out of the blue something incredibly aweful happens and turn it all upside down. Can you imagine how this might go down? I can, sometimes. I can see my life as a ship sailing along on the ocean blue, raising the flags on good days and on the bad days batting down the hatches and waiting for the squall to pass through. On the very worst days, when I hear of something that blows my ship apart, I think about what is left in the wreckage. I can see that I planned ahead and packed a floating box full of items that I might need to get out of this mess. As I'm treading water, I keep my lift jacket handy, with my flashlight and whistle ready to be used at the time of need. In my floating rescue box, I have my small little inflatable life raft and a few provisions. I have my rain jacket, a fishing line and another flashlight, but right now, I'm doing okay, since I'm pretty close to land!

When you feel that everything is about to blow on your end, try to grab a few things, or people that you know will be trustworthy enough to help you float in the water after the aftermath. You never know if you're going to need these things or not, but it might be good to have them.

1 comment:

  1. like they say owes plan for the unexpected but evan when you do, you can never be ready for a broken hart. its like the sea. you never see the storm in till its to late now you have to give it all you have to keep a float. ,when you think your all alone your true friends stick by you side, guiding you to the light as they dust you off and put you back on your feet. some time the sea is ruffler then plained but now your that much strong and well your friend ship is that much closer. there is owes a bright side to a bad story but with a bad story we are that much wiser.

    ReplyDelete