Saturday, November 20, 2010

Being Single

Every day I get a flower
from the Hibiscus on the stair

After smelling its sweet fragrance
I settle down to breakfast
In my favorite chair

I turn on the tv and watch the teenage soaps
Then the troublesome news
Who said the weather would be fair
I do my chores and call my mother
Finish putting my hair up with a flair

I call up my girl frinds we make plans
to have lunch to shop to have fun
And not really have a care

Run home right after around 3 o’clock
second shower this time use nair

Work Work Work all night
not a single breath of fresh air

Hard work paid off big pay check
Get along with customers and staff
The manager begins to stare

We close up I vacuume she cashes out
I say good night and walk out
Get a ride home and pay the cab fare

Open the door read the mail and the answer machine
Drink a glass of red wine? I think tonight I’ll dare

A moment to myself red wine and a trashy novel
And me and my cat oh aren’t we a pair

No comments:

Post a Comment