Sunday, November 28, 2010

Summer Rerun: 10 things

If anyone knows me, they know that I'm not the cleanest prson in the world. My room is a wreck, my desk I can't see and well... I suspect the mice like my room.
But enough about me, how about my room?

Lately, everyday that I'm home I throw out TEN items that I
a. no longer remember the significance to,
b. is obvioiusly trash or
c. tell me again why I should keep it because I'm never going to use it again.
Awesome right?
Well, its working for me. I dared my roommate back at school to do it too, but for her I asked her to throw out FIVE things. Not a bad start right? I didn't think so.
Today I threw out old recipts (after shredding throughly), old ads, a few pieces of gimp jewelry and junk that I'll never wear again and no one else will and a few oher things that I can't even remember. And that's GOOD people!
In middle school I used to try to throw out 100 things before I went to bed. Usually I'd be yelled at before I even got anywhere near 40 but this time its achievable.  After 10 things a day for Thanksgiving break, I can move on to 20 things or maybe even 25 things during Christmas break.  
You always have to start with baby steps in any big project that you consider finishing in the long run.
So 10 Things CHUCK tomorrow, deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment