Friday, November 12, 2010

My Prince

There is no where that I am to be found


So alone I go and fly around

In my dreams I dance with him

The music is low the lights are dim

I awaken early before the dawn

To watch the dewdops in the lawn

I wait inside my window like a faithful princess

Mending day by day my wedding dress

Through the mirror I watch the world go by

The knight travels by my way, his horse shies

From the beast that gaurds the door

It gives out a warning roar

The sign above the palace gate

Reads how it is a Prince's fate

To break my mirror and set me fee

But be warned for I cannot see

And I am mute nor can I hear

There is nothing that I fear

Once I know where life takes me

Then I will finally see

The Prince he heard my silent plea

And to the beast he asked where is she?

For I will save her from her tedious tasks

Do you know her? The beast asks

Do you know what she has heard?

Like the sounds of the ocean, and the common black bird?

Or what she has seen with her own eyes?

Beauty, Ugliness and everyones Lies?

Have you heard what she has said?

Have you heard what she has said to bring back the dead?

No, the Prince replied

I only paused because my horse shied

If she needs me to take her away from here

And she says she has nothing to fear

Why can she not love who she is to be

And then I will bow down on one knee

When she knows who she is

And remove herself from her own abyss

Then I will return to take her away

We will travel for a year and day

To see the world and everywhere in between

And when we are through she will be my Queen.

I heard him below talking to the beast

I did not want to go with the Prince, not in the least

I pretended to be dumb and blind

When he came upstairs that is what he did find

I found my way on my own to leave the window

And realized I was my own foe.

To keep myself trapped inside and not be free

To absorb life and its beauty is really the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment