Friday, November 12, 2010

Performance

Thought of you today
And I almost did cry
I did manage to say
But out it came as a lie

I know your up there
Watching over me
It truly isn’t fair
Of what you really can’t see

I see my family moving on
Without me so it appears
Almost like a breaking dawn
Only you know my fears

I’m still to young to catch the lie
But even so I know just enough
Please tonight continue to fly
Down here on Earth, life is rough

She may never remember who you are
And he may never recover
But I know you are never far
In my heart I know you are with your lover

Over the years you’ve seen so much
From sons to great great grandchildren
And seen so many students as such
And seen your greats’ grow into young men

I still cry when I think of you
I’m sure the family does too
This much I know is true
There really isn’t much to do

There never can be a good bye
For I never did have the chance
I keep telling myself its a lie
Then I get up to dance

One of these days I’ll know what to do
But for now I’ll say I miss you
On stage you’ll hear them give me my cue
And I’ll dedicate this performance to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment