Sunday, January 16, 2011

Edumacation

I before E except after C
Get that wrong and you pay society a fee
All the letters should be right
Stop asking why I don't want to fight
English Teachers are ready to die
When they see their students about to cry
Screaming how it is not really fair
Over the right spelling of their they're & there!!
Oh dear teachers give us a break!
Or we'll tell you to jump in the lake!
I'll misspell my next essay you know that I will
Maybe after that I'll get my fill
With no punctuation and overcapitalized letters
You would think that I had learned that from my betters
Mom & Pop forget it is done
This poem I mean not my fun!
I'll try it again with the y'know's and it's
It is really quite funny when you all put up fits!
Ashes to ashes and dust to dust
Punctuation actually is not a must
I can make my point with out a dot
Admit, you yourself do do it a lot!
Language is changing and we really can't keep up
About all this I no longer have a half full cup
If there were standards for it all I'd say you have broken a few
Listen to a play sometime, even they miss their cue!
Over the five hundred years it has been around
Language should be steady and sound
But alas it is no and so we all should so suffer
I say get up kids! Stop lounging around on your duffer!
You shorten and splint every word there is
Forgetting to call your superiors Mister or Mz.
It is intolerable wicked and rude
And to top it all off your behavior is quite lewd!
Historians of late would be rolling in their graves
Other might lock you away in dark damp caves
Learn to talk correctly politely and proud
Not so bostorious and LOUD
Your and you're are so easy to spell right
So children now please surrender and stop the fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment