Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goodbye Lilly

Stop looking at me like I'm Insane! I'm not! I only did what was right, what would stop others being hurt. I was thinking of other children who suffered like I did, who lost actual lives because of her.
Lilly had to be stopped, and I was the one to do it.
Myths say that the only way to kill a Changeling, if you can find one, by using fire. What myths don't tell you, and if you are a changeling you would know, that the one and only true way to kill a changeling, is have the changeling see themselves in a reflection when they are at thier weakest.
Or in Lillys case, while she was missing her borrowed human face.
I had to find a reflective surface, and fast, before she came back for the face. I was still in the parking lot so I smashed the closest mirror to me, unfortunetly it was the side mirror to his truck.
How? Oh I did it like in the movies, I put my hand into my sweater, made a fist and smashed it. No, I didn't take the time to take it off, I just pulled the sleeve up, like *this.*
I'm not a very fast person to begin with, so moving with broken pieces of glass in my hands did not go very well. As quickly as I could I ran back to the rumpled face on the ground and stuffed it full of the broken mirror.  I didn't think it would work from the start. Really, who would put on a face full of glass? Or anything full of glass.
What I never believed would happen... happened.
I heard a scream behind and me she was on top of me. Scratching and clawing at my face, arms legs, whatever she could get a hold of.  I didn't want to look at her face, so I closed my eyes and I fought back, tooth and nail for my life. I felt the glass crunch underneath me and for the first time I felt pain from her injuries. I remembered who I was fighting for then, I was fighting for the ones the at I knew at the camp, the ones that I babysat, the ones that I grew up with. One day I may have a child of my own and I didn't want her to become a changeling, I didn't want her to turn into the monster that I was confronted with now. I didn't want her to become the alter ego that I had befriended that many years before.
I opened my eyes and glared right into the bloodshot eye of the changeling Lilly and with a burst of energy that I had not had before I flipped her over and pushed her face into the borrowed glass full face that she had cast off not too long before. She screamed and turned over the face held on by the glass, but she had seen herself at her weakest.
She screamed again and again and again and again and again by then I lost consciousness, again.
I woke up in the hospital.
Then I remembered...

No comments:

Post a Comment