Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Infection

I remember hiding in the car, I couldn't move, I was too scared to. I really was.
Could she infect the camp? Was she a Monster, like Frankenstein? Was there an alien inside her body, wearing her like an prom dress, like in MIB? I was frightened beyond belief, I don't like scary movies now, I can't stand them. Actually, I don't watch movies in general anymore...
Right, Lilly, or whatever she was. Maybe she was a changeling child, and we had stumbled upon her secret, that was the most fearsome bit. What could she do? Would she pull herself together and ask what was going on? Would she find the real Lilly and replace her just to drive us all insane?
What could happen?
I noticed in my hysterics that the camp had grown silent, as if all were in hiding. But that couldn't be right, there were still children down at the docks swimming and still more were in sports down by the field. Could she be affecting me? I looked out of the window of Carl's truck, somehow I had gotten in there, I think I climbed in there I don't remember and looked around. The face of Lilly was still on the ground, near the picnic table, as well as her blue backpack that she had gotten as a handmedown from her brother. But she, it, whatever Lilly had become was gone. Gone.
*Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap*
It was a fingernail on the drivers window. I closed my eyes, plugged my ears and screamed.
And screamed.
And Screamed.
AND SCREAMED.

No comments:

Post a Comment