Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monster

I don't normally faint doctor. I feel really woozy and seasick but I don't faint. Ever. When I hit the ground I woke up.. looking at the face of Lilly.
Literally. It was only Lillys face. When I fell I still held the thread that held her together, so I had pulled her down with me. The flesh of her face was on the ground next to me, I let go and scrambled away from it. If you have ever seen a skinned chicken before it has been cooked, it looked like that. Dead pale skin that resembled a childs face. It was crumpled on the ground where moments before my head had been.
I looked up to the changling child and, I'll never forget.
The eye was still hanging off her face but the other to my vantage point on the ground, almost looked like it had a glint of evil in it. How right I was.
Lilly still stood there, in her camp clothes, holding the rock, one eye hanging down her face, the other glaring at all around her. With her face gone her teeth gave the eerie smile you see in Halloween skulls in front yards. Thats all there was. There was no muscle, or babyfat or, anything. Just a skeleton face under her human one. Her hair framed her face as her curls used to, but she no longer looked like the happy ten year old that she was not long ago.
The other campers had began to grow scared but they couldn't move, neither could I. I was frightened for the first time since I had tried to pull the eyelash out of her eye. I regret to this day trying to help her.
She turned away from me, still holding the rock and ran her hand along the degrading picnic table that we use for our crafts. I saw another string become attatched to the table and her hand began to pull apart as well. Turning back to me and her peers she softly laughed. Her laugh broke the spell she had on us.
The campers scattered screaming for thier mothers, a few had cell phones, calling their pampered parents. I was still shocked. Carl, dear Carl, pulled me away from Lilly and practically dragged me away from her to wait by his truck. 
When Carl let me go I realized that the children were in more of a danger than I was, they were running for the road!
Lilly was still standing there, next to the table, but she had turned around. I couldn't see what she was doing from where I was. Sewing herself back together? Pulling more off? Did she know what was going on?
Was she a monster like we had seen in the movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment