Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Radio

Its amazing what you hear on the radio

And how much of it was true
And what you wish could be done to you.
I've heard of men being gentelmen
Opening doors, cleaning house
Leaving letters and wanting to be a spouse
Then you hear how they leave
How they cheat how they misbehave
And none of that makes sense.
I've heard of girls leaving in the middle of the night
And forgiving their men in the middle of the fight
Others make up thier minds and leave in red high heels
No matter how heavy her heart feels
In real life how much of that is true
Do men really turn the color blue?
The men calls us girls, birds and children
Thinking they'll win us all over again
I'd love for my man to make me a name
Not just a nicname cause those are just lame
I won't be his sweet child
And this love won't be just mild
In books you read how the girls run away
From the men they love not the men they see
They believe that its the right thing to do
But its wrong as my Dad says
Don't burn bridges and get out of town
You know what? You'll still feel down!

No comments:

Post a Comment