Friday, August 23, 2013

Housesitting Day 5

What a way to start the morning... at 8 a.m.! I actually got my but out of bed early today! I was rewarded with five fresh eggs and a busted finger. Owch! When I opened the chicken coop door (Coop: 2, Me: 1) I gouged my finger somehow and made a big hole. It's healing okay though, so no worries! It's going to be one hell of a scar though... ☺

After a breakfast of scrambled eggs in a wrap, I took a shower and headed out to work. On my way I ran into a neighbor who, funny enough, is friends with an old flame's sister! Shesh, you really can't get anywhere in this town without somebody hearing your business!

Work was uneventful, but it gave me a few ideas about dinner! I stopped by the dollar store and picked up a few supplies. Yesterday I had bought kielbasa, so I knew that that was already on the menu, but what else looked good? I ended up picking up tuna fish, bow tie pasta, Alfreda sauce, peas, and band aids. Well, those were on the reciept. After a quick snack at the local mom & pop store I headed home to make dinner. And what a dinner I had! I'm going home tomorrow for dinner, so what I bought today will have to wait until Thursday, but that's fine by me! Just another day for another idea!

Today I had kielbasa with rice medley, and if I'm hungry after the movies tonight, a nice chickpea, cucumber, and fresh lettuce salad will be waiting for me in the fridge!

I'll post the recipe in a little bit (It was really easy, so easy that I could make it!) but for right now I have to go and study!

Ciao!

xo - E


No comments:

Post a Comment