Monday, August 26, 2013

Housesitting Day 8

Ever wake up and feel like there's an elephant on your chest? That's me this morning. Ugh! I woke up before the alarm and decided that I was going to call out of work, no matter what happened. I was all stuffy, I had a headache, coughing... the list went on and on! After I fed the chickens and got the mail, I checked my temperature, 99! It did go down during the morning but I called work right away and said I wasn't coming in. There was no way in hell, dude!

I had a fresh egg for breakfast, only one fresh egg today, took a shower and discovered that my girlfriend was sick too! She didn't come over tonight because we didn't want to swap viruses, but we are working together tomorrow which is nice. She's out shopping right now for new clothes while I sit here and watch Bones, Supernatural and CSI. Awesome! I was just thinking that I haven't had a day off in a really long time for some reason and taking today off, albeit, a few hours before I was supposed to be on, I'm starting to feel pretty good!

Speaking of feeling pretty good, All that is running now is my nose with a few coughs here and there. One of my guy friends just texted me and said that he's having a party tonight and he invited me! I can't think of the last time I was ever even invited to a party that was off campus! I don't know what time the party is, but I was thinking of making those apple croissant things that I made the other night. Those were good hot and I think everyone might actually enjoy them too!

Speaking of food, I'm hungry. I think I'm going to scare up something for lunch. Hungry is good right? When you're sick?

For lunch, since I was a twit, I had ramen and that's all I had for food today. I'm an idiot, I know. On the other hand I did end up at that party! I saw all of my high school friends there which was pretty awesome. We played ultimate Frisbee (which I never played before) and despite all the bumps and bruises and swears we had fun!  I ended up blocking a throw that gave me two HUGE bruises on my arms which is going to be interesting to explain tomorrow when they really get big! Does falling down the stairs (again) work? I hope! At the end of the night when all the party folk went home, my friend told me that he would definitely invite me to another round of Frisbee since I was such a crazy wild card! I can't wait!

Well, I'm still a bit stuffed by definitely feeling a lot better than I did a few hours ago!

Night!

xo - E

No comments:

Post a Comment